Any homeowner dreads the sight of mold due to its ugly appearance, potential health hazards, and destructive nature. If you’ve noticed these unsightly fungi on your walls, you should act fast to eliminate them as mold removal is a race against the clock.
However, the right elimination technique is a quagmire for many homeowners. There are myriad recommendations, including the use of bleaching agents and vinegar. But, which one works the best?
This article offers a tested and proven method that eliminates mold efficiently. You’ll get all the details on its mode of action, application, and hazards. Read on for more.
Mold is a fungus that can be black, green, purple, white, orange, or white. These organisms grow both indoors and outdoors, especially in moisture-rich areas.
Besides their unsightly appearance, molds have been associated with severe medical conditions caused by their lightweight spores. In most cases, these spores will lead to respiratory problems and allergies, especially for individuals with a history of asthma and allergic attacks.
Additionally, mold feeds on cellulose found in building blocks such as wood and plywood. As such, you can be sure that the organisms will cause immense structural damage to your walls and other valuables.
While there are many recommendations that you can use to get rid of mold for good, only a few can guarantee 100% removal.
The product you use should be effective on both porous and non-porous surfaces. For example, the use of bleach is only effective against mold on tiles and not wood!
However, some products have been designed with a significant residual effect, which increases the chances of mold elimination over a given duration.
One such product is Microban Disinfectant Spray Plus, which is ideal for both porous and non-porous surfaces.
This product works against fungi, mold, mildew, and other forms of microorganisms. It appears as a white liquid with a mint odor.
Even better, you can use it on a variety of surfaces without causing any damage. For example, you can use it on upholstery, walls, carpets, and mattresses. The formulation will clean, disinfect, and deodorize at the same time.
Additionally, Microban Disinfectant Spray Plus has a high residual effect. As such, you can be sure that its fungistatic effects will prevent the growth of mold on your surfaces for a relatively long time when compared to bleach.
For guaranteed safety, this formulation is registered by EPA. This offers a surety of its efficacy.
You should use this product at full strength (do not dilute). Use a sprayer to apply it to surfaces of interest until they become wet.
When using this product, you should always avoid direct contact with your body. Here are some of the effects you’ll experience if poisoning occurs:
If poisoning occurs through ingestion, you should give plenty of water and avoid inducing vomiting. The effects of all the other forms of poisoning will be reduced by splashing lots of water on the affected part.
Ensure that you seek medical attention immediately.
The product you choose in your mold elimination will directly determine your success. You must ensure that you have one that works on both porous and non-porous surfaces.
Additionally, your product of choice should have a residual effect to ensure the continuous elimination of the mold, thus enhancing efficacy.
One such product is Microban Disinfectant Spray Plus. A tried and trusted go-to for us at Classic Restoration.